Contact Me

Leif Eric Johnson
Contact me here:
leifericj@yahoo.com

Friday, April 6, 2012

Spring Break Sprint 3/12 and 3/19

ACCOMPLISHED:
I finished Suni's death animation.  Made it as creepy as possible.  I'd like to make some alternate deaths for when she lands on spikes or drowns, but I think Russell and Cristine need me to get other stuff done first.

I created a fairly cool level design for the Palace level.  I would really like to create one final boss level.  Something that brings everything together and puts the players skills to the final test. Hopefully we'll be able to put a cool final boss level in.

I created a design for a special chasing guard (who I would re-use as the final boss). I was very clear to ask Sarah if we could have a chaser.  I even specifically asked her if it would be too hard because of the chekpoints and how the game has to reset when you die.  I know they'd had problems with resetting states before, so I wanted to make sure that we could include this guy before I did the work for him.  She told me that we could have him in.

But unfortunately, after I did the work, she tells me that we can't have him.  She says that it's just to hard to have a constant chaser because of how their checkpoints and resetting states after you die works.  So we're not having this guy as a constant chaser.  This was a little frustrating to me because I had specifically asked her if that exact thing would be an issue and she said no.  Oh well, hopefully we can still use him as a final boss.

QUALITY:
The death animation is my favorite of all the animations we've done so far.  Cristine absolutely loved Baghead's character design (the constant chaser and the final boss).

EXTRA:
I didn't get the chance to do much extra this sprint.  I spent most of Spring Break catching up on all my other classes that I've been neglecting because of this game.  But I guess you could count Baghead as extra since we're not using him (unless we end up having a final boss level).

EXAMPLES:




NEXT:
Suni's attack animation (for stunning the guards).  A level design for the final boss level.

No comments:

Post a Comment